Chairwoman Klobuchar, Ranking Member Blunt, to Hold Hearing on Emerging Threats to Election Administration
WASHINGTON – Tomorrow, U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Roy Blunt (R-MO), Chairwoman and Ranking Member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, will convene a hearing titled “Emerging Threats to Election Administration.” The hearing will focus on increasing threats directed at election officials and the ability of states and local governments to retain election officials and recruit workers to administer future elections.
“In the last year, we have seen election officials and election workers in red, blue, and purple states face a barrage of threats and abusive conduct,” Klobuchar said. “The right to vote and to have that vote count depends on election workers across the country – including volunteers – who work to ensure that our elections are free and fair. In the face of these threats confronting our elections, it is up to us to take action to address them head-on.”
“Protecting the security and integrity of our election systems and ensuring election officials and poll workers can safely administer elections should be bipartisan priorities,” said Blunt. “I served as an election official for 20 years and I appreciate the hard work that goes into making sure every legal ballot is safely cast and properly counted. This is an important issue and I look forward to a productive discussion on how we can make sure election officials and poll workers have the information and support they need to carry out the important work they do.”
The following witnesses will testify at the hearing:
- The Honorable Katie Hobbs, Secretary of State, Arizona Department of State, Phoenix, AZ
- The Honorable Michael G. Adams, Secretary of State, Commonwealth of Kentucky, Frankfort, KY
- The Honorable Al Schmidt, City Commissioner, Board of Elections, City of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- The Honorable Matt Masterson, Non-Resident Fellow, Internet Observatory, Stanford University, Cincinnati, OH
- Mr. Wade Henderson, Interim President and CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Washington, DC
The hearing will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. EDT in room 301 of the Russell Senate Office Building and be broadcast live on the Rules Committee website: HERE.
Next Article Previous Article